Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kindom of God belongs to such as these.Luke 18:15 NIV
“The Celebration Place dream is to put Celebrate Recovery out of business by breaking the cycles of dysfunction in our families.” —John Baker, Founder Celebrate Recovery
Celebration Place is a 52-week complementary children’s resource to Celebrate Recovery. So while adults explore topics that bring healing and wholeness, kids discover the same truths in age-appropriate ways!
Celebration Place gives kids…
- Hope for all the amazing things God has in store for them
- Truths that help them overcome life’s challenges by learning to lean on Jesus
- Joy as they embark on a wonderful, year-long journey of songs, games, videos, impactful experiences, and great conversation
- Friendships with other children
It has everything you need to lead kids as they make Jesus the enduring, rock-solid foundation of their lives. Celebration Place is designed to inspire kids with hope, joy, and happiness while they learn to rely on God.
How it Works
Weekly lessons follow a two-hour schedule that includes songs, small groups, crafts, learning centers, games, teaching times, and free play. Every lesson closes with a time of commitment, reflection, or worship-and the child version of the Serenity Prayer.
During small groups, kids use their Celebration Place Journals to get in touch with their feelings and record their thoughts. Then kids tear out their Celebration Place Journal pages and take home the family conversation starter that’s included on the reverse side. This unique aspect of the journal opens the door to healing communication by teaching kids to talk to each other, talk to God, and talk to their parents.
- Children are welcome during the dinner hour (6pm to 6:45pm)
- Drop Children off at 6:45pm
- Children need to be picked up at 9:15pm